Configurations = lag time

I work in the display design industry, and rely heavily on configurations as part of my assemblies and single part details for optimized yields in a given f.s.s (finished sheet size), my problem and inquiry is; can I do anything in the properties of SW (2007) to aid in the amount of lag time I get while saving the files and in opening them in a drawing format.

Please.. any input or help is GREATLY appreciated, I think I have time as I wait for it to update.

Cheers!

Reply to
christopherajenkins