Part Time Hourly Wage

I own a small consulting business here in the midwest and am looking to hire a college student on a part time basis. This person would initially be just drafting but after they got comfortable they would being to design certain products. I am looking to find out what is an average pay for a person in this capacity. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
allenwood

My standard starting wage for an engineering student with no experience is ~$2/hr more than the prevailing wage for the food service industry (which is where the kid's friends are all working).... Salary review in 30-60 days, typically with a significant raise if merited. In some circumstances, I've paid students who've been with us a while nearly what a graduate would get

Reply to
Michael