RE: Bad Reference???

I drew several parts and combind them into an assembly for a sales presentation. The project fell through but I got a different on and used "Pack & Go" to save the assemby and parts to a different folder where I renamed them for the new project. After the move and rename, I erased the orginal folder and modified the parts for the new project. Now all the parts and drawings are searching for the original folder and parts. How do I resolve the reference? I'm using SWX 2007 SP3 on a 6800X with 4 GB and 1TB HHDs running WinXP

32 bit. R. Wink
Reply to
rwwink

Tryto open one assembly and whenYou are in the "Open" window click references at the lower right. Double click the part/assy in the reference window and point to the right folder.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Did that, didn't work. Highlight the assembly and click the "reference" tab brings up a dialog that has all of the "new" and "current" pathnames pointing to the correct folder and file names. Doing the same thing to the "slddrw" file bring up a dialog that has the incorrect pathname as does the ""sldprt" file. Checkmarking the box within the dialog box opens the "new folder" dialog which allows you to change the path. However the drawing name remains the same. Double clicking on it allows you to point to the new file which changes the "new pathname" to be correct. Click "OK" and the dialog box closes. But now when you go back and load the assembly, then open the drawing, the dialog box tells you it can't find the file and displays the old pathname and file name. R. Wink

Reply to
rwwink

So You can open the assembly? If You cand that, try to open the drawing....but when in opening dialog box click reference (lower right again) and point to the new assy

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Did that. Opened the assembly. Asked where the "old" file was. Pointed it to the "new" file and the assembly opened. Opened the drawing. It was unable to locate the old pathname\file name and asked if I wanted to find it. Clicked yes and pointed to the correct file. Resolved the dangling prbolems by erasure. Drawing opened but when drawing view is opened, it shows the old pathname\filename. Saved and close drawing then assembly. Reopened assembly and then drawing. New pathname\filename is correct. Apparently the assembly, modles and drawing need to be saved after clicking all the buttons. Thanks for the help. I hope to get the files is some sort of order tonight. R. Wink

Reply to
rwwink