Re: How Fast Can You Create CAM Progams If...

Delcam For SolidWorks is the fastest way to create a part program from

> a native SolidWorks file.

So it's limited to "Native Files"?

In your world job shops would be expected to own and maintain how many CAD, CAM and CAD/CAM programs in order to work with native files?

Reply to
larryrozer

Ok Cimatron is the corporate "biggest looser" mis managed - end of discussion. Is it a bad software? IMO no. I'd still go heads-up with Delscam 4 SW in the CNC machining arena. IE:Here's a complex 3D Pro/E, UG, Catia assembly file: GO I'd bet the farm Cimatron(with a good driver) would be making chips/ dusk(graphite) faster than anybody. With unlimited user defined tool library/ libraries - containing speeds,feeds,holders,depth of cuts,flat bottom-bull nose- ball- tapered- over burn,template machining,knowledge of stock remaining, shall I go on? Like I've said many times in the past, Its high end shit! Most small job shops will not need that horsepower & capital investment. Why drive a Ferrari instead of a Focus if all your doing is driving from point A to B? Thus the market need for lower end Gibbs,MC,surfcam.

Good luck on the complaining ladies & happy drilling!

BTW anyone seen Kirk's "dancing drills"? I still need to go out for a beer with'em.

Reply to
cncmillgil

jb still loves you, right?

Reply to
Cliff

Jon Banquer calling somebody a liar, and faulting somebody for making bad decision after bad decision.

WOW! Look in the mirror lately, buddy? Or better yet, read any of the recent posts reminding you of your past?

Reply to
Joe788