ProDesktop Express no longer works

Hi all,

After a break of many months, I'm trying to run ProDesktop Express to finish off some 3D models, but it won't start without an activation code. The old activation code won't work, and the website says that the product is discontinued.

Is there a way I can get it to run? Perhaps by deleting some registry keys? By reinstalling it? By setting the date on my computer back?

Failing that, is there a FREE product that can read and edit the .des files it produced?

Failing *that*, what is the best FREE modelling program so that I can recreate the work from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
John Rowland

You had to request a new activation code which lasts 5 years before the end of December last year.

I suggest you write to PTC and explain your situation and ask them very politely for an activation code.

Otherwise you may have to buy a commercial license for about $1000.

Regards,

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

John,

Rolling back your system clock will make Pro/DESKTOP run again. I doubt PTC will make a new activation code for you. Of course, you could buy Pro/DESKTOP (the full version) for $995 US, as it is only the Express (free) version that was discontinued.

Regards

Reply to
Pete