Option Settings from SWX2005 to 2006

Guys:

Believe it or not, we are just getting ready to move to SWX 2006. I usually like to work a bit behind anyway, but this year with company buyouts and new ownership and all that, we are really behind. We won't go to 2007 until about SP 3 or 4.

I'm trying to set up a default set of options so that I won't have to walk around to 20+ machines and reset them. I guess the most important are the File Locations. I was pretty psyched because of course before SWX 2005 we didn't really have this capability.

Unfortunately, it's not working. The HotKeys are coming across but no Option Settings and no Toolbars! I have been using this with success from one 2005 installation to another.

Anyone else have the same issue? Any workarounds?

Reply to
TODD

TODD wrote: ...

Edit the SLDREG file with a text editor to make sure it has all of those registry keys in them, assuming you are doing this with the Copy Options Wizard. If the COW doesn't work or for whatever reason isn't working, make sure you run it from a computer with admin access, and that all the appropriate options are checked during the wizard process.

If you can't get that to go, just manually copy the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks registry folder, and move that around to individual computers. Of course this standardizes everyone's settings, which may or may not be what you want.

There are some toolbar settings which will not come across. I believe by default the option to turn toolbars on is not copied, but if they are turned on, they will have the same position and configuration.

Standardizing like this may give you varying results because of differences in monitor size or resolution, different levels of SolidWorks, different add ins and such.

Good luck.

Reply to
matt