Saving and Restoing Toolbars, User Option and Key Mappings

Seen lots of threads asking how to restore User Options and other user settings after a new Install or re-install, well I just found the best way yet (IMO). These were taken from SW2003 SP5.1 but I would bet they are the same or close in 2004 or 2005. Save these reg files from your current GOOD SWX installation for future use. For Tools/Options settings go to Regedit and search for key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2003\ExtReferences] and export it to a reg file. After a new install or re-install execute the reg file and all your previous Tools\Options are restored. To restore Toolbars do the same, save reg key (this appears in another post)[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2003\User Interface] to restore your toolbars. Copy and save your SWX install folder/user/????.cus file to restore your keyboard mappings.

Brian

Work to live, don't live to work.

Reply to
McBrian