Drawing Environment not enabled

Hello all, I have a problem with an Installation of SW 2005. When I install it the drawing package does not load, I can't open any drawings(I get an error message for unsupported file type), and the option for create new drawing does not appear when pressing the new document button. I have contacted my VAR, but they are taking some time to get back to me. I have reinstalled the software, tried the 'repair' option in the installer and am running out of ideas. All of the files are installed for the drawing package like templates, formats etc. Could there be a problem with my Registry? Maybe the entries for .slddrw files has been deleted or corrupted? Does any body have some suggestions?

Fingers crossed for a good response.

Dominic V.

Reply to
Dominic V

Try to un-install SolidWorks through add/remove programs. Then open regedit from Start -> Run -> regedit and then delete the folder(s) SolidWorks (and SolidWorks Corporation) from HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. This will remove all traces of SolidWorks on your system. If this do not work after you've installed SolidWorks again, then you need to send in a Solidworks Rx to your local reseller.

Reply to
martin.stub

Removed all registry entries and reinstalled, now I only have the part environment enabled!! I'm considering formatting the disk now, but this will be a *last* resort.

Reply to
Dominic V

I would retry removing all entries for SolidWorks under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/

Reply to
John Layne

It used to be true that removing the standard 4 registry entries would result in a "clean" install of SW. However, I had something go awry while installing 2006, and, on the advice of my VAR we did a step-by-step revome ( including registry entries ), and a complete re-install ( 3 times ). On re-installing SW would report that it had "updated" my registration code, rather than asking for one. It was clear to both myself and my VAR that with 2006, SW has added additional registry entires.

If it looks like you need to perform the nuclear option, and reformat, you might first try using the registry search tool and deleting all references to: SW, bluebeam, e-drawings, dasault systems, ect.. Last I looked, there were more than 20 entries associated with SW and add-ins. Obviously, this can really hose your registry if you are not careful. But, if reformatting is your only other option.... its worth a try and may save many hours of software installation, updating, ect.

Reply to
Brian

If you go here

you will find some lines of code that might help. Grab them and create a batch file that will help clean out things. I have never tried it, so I can't vouch for it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany