Re: Installation Problems

Have you tried this?

  1. Back-up all your existing SolidWorks files and burn them to a CD. Already done in class, so none to lose, really.
  2. Uninstall the existing SolidWorks. Tried this and got an error saying Add/Remove Programs could not locate the log file C:\Program Files\SolidWorks 2001\DeIsL1.isu and that uninstall would not continue.
  3. Delete any remaining SolidWorks folders/files. 4. ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE MUST BE OFF WHEN INSTALLING SOLIDWORKS. **That** might be the problem.
  4. Install new SolidWorks. 6. Reinstall old files.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Thanks!

Reply to
Mamie K. Anding

I uninstalled the new version, and all it's extras. Tried to uninstall the older version, and go the same error message as before. Re-installed the newer version as a new install and into a different folder. The first time I installed it as an upgrade into the same folder.

Now, they have separate entries in the Program Files directory. In the registry, they are in different sub-directories under the SolidWorks directory in whatever key it belongs in. Can I delete the 2001 keys without interfering with the 2003 keys?

And it still tells me it's expired when I open the newer install.

Is rich text allowed on this NG? Is there a charter anywhere?

Reply to
Mamie K. Anding

Try this:

  1. Delete the old SW install folder under program files.

  1. Uninstall the new SW version, make sure the folder is completely gone under program files.

  2. Delete the reg keys under both Local Machine and Current User

  1. Reboot

  2. Turn off antivirus and try to install again.

  1. If this still doesnt work, you can always try to turn back the clock on your computer to see if that allows SW to run. You may need to change the clock in the BIOS as well.

  2. If those dont work, I dunno. Use someone else's computer for the weekend and see if you can install on their computer.

Todd

Have you tried this?

  1. Back-up all your existing SolidWorks files and burn them to a CD. Already done in class, so none to lose, really.
  2. Uninstall the existing SolidWorks. Tried this and got an error saying Add/Remove Programs could not locate the log file C:\Program Files\SolidWorks 2001\DeIsL1.isu and that uninstall would not continue.
  3. Delete any remaining SolidWorks folders/files. 4. ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE MUST BE OFF WHEN INSTALLING SOLIDWORKS. **That** might be the problem.
  4. Install new SolidWorks. 6. Reinstall old files.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Thanks!

Reply to
TT

Edit all Solidworks entries out of the registry. AV software may or may not be an issue but turn it off anyway.

Reply to
IDAssociates Inc.

I have done the following:

Uninstalled SW. Deleted all files/folders. Deleted the registry keys. Searched for any temp files. Rebooted. Reinstalled.

I tried to uninstall the 2001 version, but it was missing a log file, so I just deleted it.

Still no luck.

I did a search for recently added or modified files, though, and found SldWorks.lgc in C;\WINDOWS\APPLOG. I opened it in WordPad and it references a wide variety of directories other than SW, so I have left it there until Monday when I will call my distributor and SW and beg for help. Since I am a student, I am not supposed to get any type of phone tech support.

I had problems installing the 2001 version, though, and found a really helpful guy in SW Tech Support. I am hoping to find him again on Monday.

-- Mamie K. Anding

Reply to
Mamie K. Anding

in regedit click on My Computer then search for solidworks one last time. Very effective IME.

Reply to
IDAssociates Inc.