Is SW a viable program for Architects....

With ACAD being alittle out dated, as far as 3D goes, (it is probably one of the best at 2D because they have been doing it for so long). But quite a few of my friends are architects still stuck in ACAD world, which is not a bad thing mind you. But I guess my question is, is SW worth it for architects to learn? I am not sure how many of you out there are ex-ACAD users, but maybe someone who has been on both sides of the fence can chime in on this....

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

no way...for Architects to use SWX as a viable design tool...

even 3D (ADT and Revit) is struggling to take the main stream in the Architect designing process... the 2D floor plan is the driving document for the Architectural and construction industry... as proven by the use of the 2D AutoCAD LT product for 80% of the drawing needs in the construction world.

the big difference in the construction industry and the mechanical machine world is that the construction people do not need the individual part detail that is necessary in the mechanical product and machine world.. in fact they would not know how to use all that additional information.

the c> With ACAD being alittle out dated, as far as 3D goes, (it is probably

Reply to
Ed Russell

Not thinking about the text aspect of detailing and all, just more from a 3D stand point.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S