Pro/Mechanica Optimisation

Hello again,

I'm trying to run an optimisation for a simple design of a water storage tank. To do this I've created a solid of revolution, definied by co-ordinates on a spline, with a few other constraints, and then shelled it.

I would now like to set up the optimsation to vary the radii at various heights of the tank, in order to optimise the volume per unit mass of material. So far I can see methods in engineer (wildfire) to determine the mass, but am having some trouble with:

  1. Using these to derive parameters which could then be optimised.
  2. Using any measure taken in engineer as a measure in mechanica.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Gwilym

Reply to
Gwilym

Are you using integrated Mechanica? if so all the parameters should be available. If not (Independent Mechanica), you've got to create them.

You're near the point that I've wanted to get to... I keep asking when do you need BMX? (Behavioral Modeling) Are you trying to have bounds on stress and/or deflection? If not then I don't think you need Mechanica. Rather you need BMX. Not that I've used it... just tried to get ready to.

-D

Gwilym wrote:

Reply to
meld_b

You set up Design Variables in Mechanica: Dsgn Controls > Design Params > Create > Dimension > Select and pick your varying dims to use. When done, use Shape Review to verify all variable conditions will in fact regenerate (this eliminates failures during the run). Measures should also be created in Mech.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark Rafn