loads in pro/mechanica

I'm working with pro/mechanica. When I apply some loads (forces), the analysis run fine, but when I try to apply moment it makes " fatal
error". If "fem" men is not selected I can't create the mesh, but I think analysis is a FEA analysis. It is different? Do you know some tutorials about? Thanks
Hi,
It sounds like you are trying to apply moments to a solid body. This is not possible in any FE system (or in real life either). Mechanica should issue a warning that the load will be ignored, then if you carry on the solver tries to solve a static analysis without a load (or enforced displacement) and fails.
Mechanica FEM mode is for pre- and post-processing conventional h-element models for solving with Ansys or Nastran. Mechanica itself uses p-element technology and auto-meshes when the analysis is run. If you want to see the mesh, go to AutoGEM and create the p-element mesh. Alternatively, in result check the 'display element edges' tick-box to show the elements in results plots.
We have used 'Pro/Mechanica Structure Tutorial' by Roger Toogood to teach Mechanica. Another good book on FE in general is 'Designing Better Products using Finite Element Analysis' by Vince Adams and Abe Askenazi.
Regards,
Rod Giles Pro/Mechanica User Group UK

Thank you Rod!