pro-mechanica newbie question.

Hi everybody.

I´m trying to learn pro-mechanica (2001) and I have a tutorial, that I´m trying to walk through.

It says that I should apply/create a socalled "bearing load", which I can´t find/see anywhere... My only load-options are: point, edge/curve, surface, pressure, gravity, centrifugal, and some kinds of temperature loads... Nothing like a "bearing load"...

So, now I think that perhaps my tutorial is made for an earlier pro-e version (before 2001?) or even perhaps for the new wildfire? Anyway, can someone please help me with this one? Does anyone know what I´m talking about? If not, write to me and I´ll try to be more specific.

Best regards, Martin Jorgensen.

Reply to
Martin Jorgensen

For 2001 Question #1: Are you in Structure? If yes, under #Model/ #Loads/ #New these should be listed in order: Point; Edge/Curve; Surface; Pressure; Bearing; Gravity; Centrifugal; Temperature Also, the Load Palette should have an Icon of a block with a hole in it. Arrows should point from the hole to the upper right corner of the block. This is the Bearing Load. I am unsure as to what previous releases' or Wildfire's setup is like. I assume the Bearing load would be discontinued.

M.N.M.

Reply to
Mark N. McAllister

Temperature

Coming to think of it: Perhaps pro-mech isn´t installed? I´ve had one installation cd (proe 2001/student edition) and I thought that pro-mech also was included... Is it really possible to go into "application"/"mechanica"/"structure" and have proe display everything here except bearing?

regards, Martin Jorgensen.

Reply to
Martin Jorgensen

Are in Pro/Mecanica or in Pro/FEM module? In Pro/FEM, the bearing load is not available. When you entered Mechanica, at the bottom part of the menu when you choose between "Struture", "Thermal", etc, you should see a check box beside the FEM option. If the option is selected, you are running the FEM module (this module enables you to construct a finite element analysis without performing the calculations, indeed, Pro/FEM is a pre- and a post- processor, not a processor). With Pro/FEM, you must use an external processor (such as Ansys) to solve you problem. If you cannot uncheck the FEM option, Pro/Mechanica is not installed or properly installed and therefore, you will not be able to use the bearing load condition.

I hope this will help you.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Terriault

Hi Patrick.

Thank you very much for your help: That explains everything:

"Patrick Terriault" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com... .....

And when I try to uncheck the FEM option it writes "Pro/MECHANICA is not available. Only FEM Mode is currently available... I guess I´ll just have to ask some people at my school, when I come back for further instructions...

It sure did: And thanks a lot for you help.