pro-mechanica newbie question.

Hi everybody.
Im trying to learn pro-mechanica (2001) and I have a tutorial, that Im trying to walk through.
It says that I should apply/create a socalled "bearing load", which I cant
find/see anywhere... My only load-options are: point, edge/curve, surface, pressure, gravity, centrifugal, and some kinds of temperature loads... Nothing like a "bearing load"...
So, now I think that perhaps my tutorial is made for an earlier pro-e version (before 2001?) or even perhaps for the new wildfire? Anyway, can someone please help me with this one? Does anyone know what Im talking about? If not, write to me and Ill try to be more specific.
Best regards, Martin Jorgensen.
For 2001 Question #1: Are you in Structure? If yes, under #Model/ #Loads/ #New these should be listed in order: Point; Edge/Curve; Surface; Pressure; Bearing; Gravity; Centrifugal; Temperature Also, the Load Palette should have an Icon of a block with a hole in it. Arrows should point from the hole to the upper right corner of the block. This is the Bearing Load. I am unsure as to what previous releases' or Wildfire's setup is like. I assume the Bearing load would be discontinued.
M.N.M.

cant

Point;
Temperature
Coming to think of it: Perhaps pro-mech isnt installed? Ive had one installation cd (proe 2001/student edition) and I thought that pro-mech also was included... Is it really possible to go into "application"/"mechanica"/"structure" and have proe display everything here except bearing?

regards, Martin Jorgensen.
Are in Pro/Mecanica or in Pro/FEM module? In Pro/FEM, the bearing load is not available. When you entered Mechanica, at the bottom part of the menu when you choose between "Struture", "Thermal", etc, you should see a check box beside the FEM option. If the option is selected, you are running the FEM module (this module enables you to construct a finite element analysis without performing the calculations, indeed, Pro/FEM is a pre- and a post- processor, not a processor). With Pro/FEM, you must use an external processor (such as Ansys) to solve you problem. If you cannot uncheck the FEM option, Pro/Mechanica is not installed or properly installed and therefore, you will not be able to use the bearing load condition.
I hope this will help you.
Patrick

Hi Patrick.
Thank you very much for your help: That explains everything:

And when I try to uncheck the FEM option it writes "Pro/MECHANICA is not available. Only FEM Mode is currently available... I guess Ill just have to ask some people at my school, when I come back for further instructions...

It sure did: And thanks a lot for you help.
Best regards, Martin Jorgensen.