Order of selecting objects

When individually selecting objects which are on top of eachother, AutoCAD seems to default to an object created earlier than the latest one. However,
on a colleagues CAD station the last entity created is the one selected. I know I can hold down the control key and cycle through the entities to select but its annoying! Is there a system variable that controls this behaviour? TIA
Check the SORTENTS variable. Tools -> Options -> User preferences -> Object Sorting Methods.
Conny

However,
Does SORTENT control object selection as well as for plotting?

AutoCAD
Type in "Preferences."
In the dialog box, pick the "User Preferences" tab.
The rest is self-explanatory.
-Donald in Austin

selected.