Selecting befoure editing - AutoCAD

What is the setting in Autocad/Autodesk Architectural Desktop 3.3 responsible for such situation. I cant edit/delete selected object. First I
have to choose tool (press button, type), then select objects, then execute the command. I prefer selecting objects before commands. What setting should be changed in Tools/Options or what value of witch constant should be set. Thanks for help.
-- Pozdrawiam Marcin Mirowski gg1148897 503-866-914
Set PICKFIRST to 1.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca