Stacked balloons

SW2004, SP2.1 This is one that one of our guys feels is an issue, although we can't repeat it consistently.

When you put in balloons, you now have the option to pick the attachment point and then place the balloon. When you do stacked balloons, the proceedure is the same, except you keep going and select more objects. What he found he was doing, was when he was zoomed in enough that the initial balloon position didn't show, rather than his second click positioning the balloon, he was actually selecting the next object. The after a few times of doing that, he would crash.

I have used stacked balloons many times, but always positioned the first one before continuing, I guess mostly out of habit and I have never noticed an issue with them. I also tried to repeat his scenario, and only crashed once, whereas he crashed several times today until he changed his methods. Since I can't repeat this one at will, the best I can do is ask that people keep it in mind and see if there is any correllation out there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I can confirm the bit about being zoomed in seems to automatically place the balloon, but I did it 3 or 4 times, added a BOM, made some changes, edited balloon numbers, etc. and got no crash. You would probably get an spr number for the placement of the balloon, but unless someone else can duplicate the crash at least semi-repeatably, that's more likely to be a local problem.

I have noticed other problems with stacked balloons, though, in terms of inconsistant spacing after changes to balloon contents, changes to balloon contents that don't show while you're typing, and odd leader behavior. None of it is really a problem, it's just quirky.

matt

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news:c2349o$1ohhae$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de:

Reply to
matt

I found this listed in the whats' fixed for SP3.0 Spr list -- I too have = not been able to get this locked down to a consistant procedure to = reproduce the crash -- but looks like someone else has & solidworks will = be fixing it in 3.0

Spr 198080 Instability after deleting stacked balloon, then saving and = closing=20

Thanks, Steve Tietz

[...]

RENDERMAN