Flexible component balloons

What was PTC thinking??? You can't create BOM balloons automatically for flexible components? Does anyone know if this is the case and is there a way around this other than fixing the the table number and manually adding a balloon?

Reply to
Jason L ©

Shall I know which version of Pro\Engineer you are using? What kind of objects you are dealing with? I am able to get the BOM baloon automatically and using for a long time.

Reply to
Prasanna

Wildfire 2.0

Flexible parts

Reply to
Jason L ©

Hi jason, In our place we are using WF-2 M160 and we are able to get the BOM baloon here.. Just now we tried... If problem exists contact the PTC tech support....I think they might be helpful!

Reply to
Prasanna

yeah...but my problem is that I have several instances of a flexible spring all in the same assembly. None of which are equal to the original part's free height. Since each spring of the same part number is defined by different flexible dimensions, they appear in the bill of material okay, but no balloons can be created for them.

Reply to
Jason L ©

Who knows? I have whined/opened a call/complained several times to PTC about this.

Thats what we do.

Reply to
Randy Jones

Jason, I think the issue has been fixed in our maintenance release.. I tried with instances on the flexible components.. The BOM baloon is appearing automatically with the set region option..check your maintenance release!

Reply to
Prasanna