Text associated with balloons

Our company likes to have part number text justified to either the left or right of the balloon number in an assembly. SolidEdge provides a method within the balloon command to automatically insert the part number data to the right or left of the balloon. Does SolidWorks provide similar capability? I have tried using a parts custom properties and then linking this data to a balloon. The problem with this approach is that spaces must be manually inserted to right or left justify the custom properties text. And must also play around with the spacing so the balloon number remains centered within the balloon. Not a very efficient or user friendly method.

A note could be placed next to the balloon and linked to a part number. Again, this is very inefficient and time consuming.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

I, we, have a similar issue. Next to the item number balloon we place the quantity. Although the quantity can be called up as a ballooning feature, we put the number followed by an "X" without a balloon. Although the functionality has improved since SW2000 it still is quite tedious and takes many steps as you described. Because of adding the "X" the quantity has to be a custom entry and can't be parametricly linked. If anyone has a better solution I would love to hear it--if not it will continue to be on the enhancement wish list.

Marty

Reply to
Marty

I, we, have a similar issue. Next to the item number balloon we place the quantity. Although the quantity can be called up as a ballooning feature, we put the number followed by an "X" without a balloon. Although the functionality has improved since SW2000 it still is quite tedious and takes many steps as you described. Because of adding the "X" the quantity has to be a custom entry and can't be parametricly linked. If anyone has a better solution I would love to hear it--if not it will continue to be on the enhancement wish list.

Marty

Reply to
Marty

If you use the split balloon optin, item in the upper, qty in the lower, you can just ad the X to the qty! Works for me!

Reply to
Peter