glass display case

I have a model of a Cutty Sark that was given to me by my great-grandfather and I want to get a glass case made for it. The model is 18 1/2" high x

8" wide x 28" long. Can someone please tell me how much distance should be placed between the boat and the glass. Sorry if this is off topic

Dave

Reply to
Dave

great-grandfather

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott

Reply to
Grandpa

I was thinking of that but of the aquariums that I have seen I don't like the seams where the glass joins.

great-grandfather

Reply to
Dave

I have a fully rigged model of Mamoli's Royal Louis in a Plexiglas display case. Much less expensive and much lighter. The dimensions are 21" deep 47" wide and 37" high. The clearance is about 2 1/2' all around. These are outside dimensions for 3/16" thick Plexiglas. IIRC it cost about $215 to have fabricated. It looks great and if you specify the corner seams can be made virtually invisible. Pete

All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software.

Reply to
The Laws

Reply to
Grandpa

Thank you everyone. I think I will check into the Plexiglas option. I have had this boat sitting in a box for 20 years so I think I can wait a few more weeks.

Reply to
Dave

Dave:

Have posted some pics on Alt.Binaries.Models.Scale you might want to see.

Ciao

great-grandfather

Reply to
TSR2