Ideas for my dad

My dad used to build, paint, and fly model airplanes 30 years ago. He is bored in his retirement and I want to get him back into it. Does anyone have any ideas for an electric or glider plane that actually utilizes his building and artistry gifts? I am clueless on this topic, so any ideas would be appreciated. I don't want to waste money on pre-fab things. Half the fun is the process that takes place before the flight. Thanks!

Reply to
tigger

The ready to fly model has gotten very popular these days. Also, RC flying is not nearly as easy as it looks. I strongly recommend contacting a local RC club and finding an instructor for him if you elect to get him started in RC flying. Crashing a couple hundred bucks worth of model is a big turnoff to many, and it can be avoided by working with experienced people. Also, there is a rec.models.rc group.

Reply to
Don Stauffer