1/32 Revell Spitfire Mk 1/2 Decals (Attn Tom Hiett)

I'm having a devil of a time with the decals for this model. The larger decals are so-so but the smaller ones such as the walkway lines are fracturing on the backing paper. I'm wetting them normally and sitting them on a paper towel to wait of the adhesive to soften. Some of the decals are fracturing badly others to a lesser degree. I don't have any kind of product to help with this so I'm just trying to muddle through and salvage what I can. OTOH the Model Masters setting solution is doing OK on the larger decals, but not on the insignia. I'm looking for my frisket paper later!

If anyone is interested

Scott Jenkins

Reply to
Scott J

There is a decal saving solution available ( I don't recall the brand), and some spray a light coat of Krylon Crystal Clear (an acrylic). Do a test first. What both of these do is give a new intact top surface that holds them together. If the glue on the bottom fails, there are fixes for that too, such as applying white glue then squeezing out excess with a Q-tip and cleaning off any extra.

Long thin lines on thin decal material are tricky under the best of circumstances.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

I appreciate the tip. I'll definately use it in the future.

Problem was they fractured just sitting there. So did others that weren't as fine. I hope it works out better for you!

Scott J

Reply to
Scott J

Microscale's Liquid Decal Film. You brush the stuff on the decals, let it dry for 15-20 minutes, then use the decals as usual.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun

Thanks. I need to get some as soon as, too late now. Make this a very dirty and scuffed Mk 1.

Scott J

Reply to
Scott J

Hiya Scott,

Have a spare set of the latest Revel Germany decals for the MkII - if your happy to wait for a snail mail package I'm more than happy to pop them in the post...

If you want them, drop me an e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@skywriters.net with your address.

Regards,

Iain

32SIG
Iain Ogilvie

Thank you very much for you generous offer. I've managed to salvage the ones I could and used frisket masks for the RAF isignia and maked and painted the walkway lines. I just cut the labels from the decal sheet an x-acto knife and applied them. Thank you again for the offer.

Scott J

Reply to
Scott J

Well rescued by the sounds of it... :o)