any new hunley models

is there any future correct css hunley model on the way? I'm looking for plastic vs resin

Reply to
GMAJaskol

A new 11" resin Hunley for $30 at

Some other cool subs at:

If you want to scratchbuild, the plans on this site reflect latest archilogical findings and download to a high res file. Its also a knock-out sample of web design, and very informative:

There is also a Yahoogroup devoted to the CSS Hunley.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

I am looking at a 1:24 scale set of drawing from a FSM (April 1987) from our old friend Dave Merrimann. Good article on scratchbuilding the sub. My only question is this; how far off are these drawings? Thanks.

The Old Timer

We know so much more than we knew before the recovery. The initial observation of those who found it in the TV show was the replica (and other aspects thought to be the best info available) had many inaccuracies. For one thing it didn't have lap joints, and IIRC, the length was different. The page I mentioned even goes down to the number of rivets per panel.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Reply to