Hasegawa 1/48 scale Curtiss Kittyhawk Mk. I

Hi Troops:

I picked this one up at my local plastic emporium this afternoon, markings for two aircraft from 112 Squadron, R.A.F. It also has the necessary parts to do either the 4 X .50 Cal. version or the 6 X .50 Cal. version. I don't know for certain how many of the 4 gun version were built, one reference says 540 Curtiss P-40D models, with most going to the R.A.F. as Kittyhawk Mk. I under lend-lease, and another says most were actually completed as the 6 gun P-40E known as the Kittyhawk Ia. Anybody seen any definitive data on this? One reference says the U.S. Army Air Corps only got 20 of the 4 gun version as P-40D's. Also one reference that says some of the P-40s at pearl Harbor were P-40D types. FWIW One on line hobby supplier says the Revell 1/48 Eurofighter is a new tool kit, we shall see. Has anyone heard a release date for the proposed 1/32 scale Curtiss P-36/Hawk 75 from the Eastern European consortium yet?? I'm already laying in some of those decals from Meteor in anticipation. Budget going to hell as usual!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey