Re: USAF paint and markings ref

There has been at some point somewhere a pdf for an older USAF T.O. on

> standards for the paint schemes, markings, lettering etc. I used to have > this site bookmarked, but it got wiped somewhere sometime. Anyone have a > recollection of this, or the URL? Thanks in advance! > > > -- > Rich > > "uhhhhh, That's Me!" >

Sounds like USAF TO 1-1-4

Google coughed up this:

afspc/21/afspci21-105/afspci21-105.pdf

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Shoot... no that was for the Space Command anti-corrosion program. But I'll try searching some more with that number.

Anyone else know anything?

Rich

Thanks for all the reminders of the TO number. After the proper digging and googling, I found the link at cybermodler through an old forum post at Finescale Online. So for all you folks who did not know about the site, go here for some GREAT resources:

Besides the TO 1-1-4 you will also find color charts, navy and army manuals for markings and standards. Sorry to bore the old folks, or maybe this will clear out some dust for you too.

Reply to
Rich

Silly me, I took Google at their word and didn't bother to see if the link actually pointed at TO 1-1-4.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I have a link in favs in my PC at my office. If I make it by there today I'll post it then. Not sure what you're calling "older", but it has oddball a/c in SEA camo, like the C-124, C-54, C-118, U-3, HU-16 as well as some of the usual stuff. It's not complete, I know. I do remember it has 'yamaha' or something in the link.

Reply to
frank

That could be fun too. I found the TO I was looking for. Older in that it was 1998. I think it has been superceeded and I have not been successful finding the new one. Mind you, it is mainly becasue my wife is unwilling to use her status as a Captain to help..... affraid of what might be open source or not. Eh, the gift is in the journey I guess.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

TO (Technical Order) 1-1-4 has been superseded by TO 1-1-8,

, which is pretty much useless to us as modelers. The latter doesn't cover aircraft-specific schemes - those are now in the TOs for each aircraft type.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Rodger that. Thanks for the info. And thanks again to everyone for all the help.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

You're welcome.