1/48 scale Hawker Tempest?

Hello there.

I would like to acquire a 1/48 scale Hawker Tempest to complete my 1/48 scale collection of Hawker designed aircraft.

Does anyone know of anyone in Canada who sells such a kit?

Does such a kit exist in styrene? It does not have to be a highly detailed model. All I want is a good overall shape.

Thanks in advance from Paul.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
avrofighter

AMT made one in the late '70s.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca wrote:

Reply to
frank

Try the Eduard model.

If you want a more exotic version, there are conversion sets for a Mk II
and a Mk VI

Enzo Matrix

Uh, that's nice. I know that Accurate Minatures *ALSO* made one some time ago.

Thanks.

However, since I don't have a Time-Machine (VBG & LOL) I'm looking for something that is available today. I don't intend to go the Ebay route for any kit.

Paul

Reply to
avrofighter

Thanks.

Wow! I just converted the price to Canadian dollars and it is only about $25 so depending on the shipping cost which I just emailed Hannants about I might very well order one.

Any snags in this kit I should be aware of?

Thanks very much again from Paul

Reply to
avrofighter

Sometimes eBay's the only choice..............

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca wrote:

Reply to
frank

in article snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca wrote on 10/25/06 5:40 PM:

Eduard offered the Tempest in two levels of kit, "normal" and ProfiPack. The ProfiPack kits include mixed media parts, typically resin cockpits (and wheels IIRC), and etched metal parts, while the "normal" kits are all styrene. There were also two versions offered: early and late. The only real differences between the two versions, besideds the decal offerings, were that the early versions had protruding canon barrels while the late versions didn't. I don't know whether or not the barrel pieces were included in the early version boxings.

I built the ProfiPack kit of the early version Tempest. It was reasonably straightforward, but still a short-run injected kit: no locating pins, large sprue attachment points, a number of ejection pins (inside the wing pieces for example) that had to be removed, but only minor fit problems. I found the resin cockpit okay; I hated dealing with the etched metal instrument panel. IMHO, the all-styrene version of the kit is more than adequate for a decent quality display model.

I've found a couple of online vendors in North America that carry the Eduard Tempest kits and might offer less expensive shipping than Hannants:

Hobbytron

lists three kits (late version and early version @ US $24, and early version ProfiPak @ US $32)

Rare Plane Detective

the early version ProfiPack for US $26.

HTH Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss

in article C16C0962.15E8F% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net, Pip Moss at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 10/30/06 7:56 PM:

Oops! I meant I don't know whether of not the barrel pieces were included in the late version boxings. Sorry

Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss