little willie

is there an affordable little willie out there? i mean under $40.

There are several young ladies out there who are willing to pay a lot more than $40 for my "Little Willie" (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

What, pray tell, is a little willie?

Reply to
Disco58

I believe the reference is to the 1915-era prototype tank.

Sorta a boxy affair, similar in appearance to the German A7V.

SFAIK, no one has ever made a model kit for this contraption.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

baliff, whack his pee pee!

the first prototype tank. made by swinton and crew.

well, it doesn't look hard to scratch. toughest part for me will be working out 1/35 scale.

I've never shopped in those stores so I can't say. What do you need one for?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I don't know but he won't go home.......;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Matador Models. Cast resn/cast metal. 1/76 scale.

See appropriate issue of ESM 72.

Tom

Mad-Modeller wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

I have a scale calculator if you are interested.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

\

visual tank history.

thanks, but i'm set.

Ah, is it the right scale?

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Ok Bill, let's see if you remember who recorded it, and when, I know yer old enough! ;)

Reply to
Disco58

I should but the best I can do at this moment is: some one-hit wonders back in the '70s. I remember the lyrics better than the group's name.

Yeah, I was listening to the radio long before the Beatles came along. There was rock before them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

before rock there was pop. i remember the radio version of name that tune with no rock. i can name that tune in three retches, bill.

BTW, I checked allmusic and found that my sudden idea that 'sweet' had something to do with it was correct. Their song index isn't nearly as good as their group index. Attempts to find "Little Willy" were sending me off to "Bill Bailey". Awhile back I couldn't locate Sinatra's "Summer Wind". The song finder said there was no such song. ;Þ

I don't remember ever hearing Name That Tune on the radio but I do remember "Your Hit Parade" on TV. Gisele Mackenzie made an impression on this kid. A couple of months back I ran into a woman named Gisele and made reference to the singer. She'd heard that before but had no idea who the woman is. Ah, children! Wonder if she knew of Snookie Lansen.....:)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

do you want the sweet stuff? i think all of it is in the black hole storage space i have.

okee