ebay models

I have a collection of rare aircraft, ships ,tanks and rockets and even an Atomic cannon up for bids. I am seeling off a large collection of models thru the rest of the year so please book mark me. Any questions just ask. Bill Wesley Hampton Roads Hobby Yorktown VA

Bill Wesley

another excessive, no choice, no options shipper.

You mean like , his mom and dad aren't married?

noddy

Reply to
noddy

more like his postal offsprings are illigitimate.

10 bucks for a 1 1/2lb package? don't these guys know about parcel post? sometimes i think there must be a how to sell on ebay book that says screw people on shipping for more prophet. or is sleaziness that universal? i charge actual shipping. period. and give choices.

Priority for kits and large packages, First Class for decals and really small stuff here.

Reply to
Ron Smith

I started out giving choices and found most buyers don't give a hoot. They just want their purchase yesterday. I picked Priority but in some cases use First Class and/or Parcel Post. $10 might be for Express plus the packing materials, time, gas, etc. JMHO

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Ditto for me, plus Media Mail/Bound Printed Matter for big books or big packages of smaller ones (well wrapped of course, that stuff really gets banged around).

Unfortunately a lot of these big sellers seem to think that their $10 S/H charge justifies slapping a mailing label on top of an unwrapped kit box... :-(

Reply to
M. J. Rudy

14.85 is I beleive the lowest cost for express its called flat rate expess its a small cardboard envelope he may be charging priority flat rate large box which I beleive starts at 7 or 8 dollars
Reply to
Daryl

maybe, but for a 1 1/2 ln package? not me.

i'd rather reverse that.

$8.10, it's how coin collectors send 50lb bags around and the box is a large cube.

... time, gas etc - how about if a 'buyer' charges the 'seller' for the time it took to read his massive laundry list in the listing? John

Reply to
John DeBoo

I usually don't sell books and when I do they usually go with a kit.

Priority boxes are free and if you need a bunch you can order them online then they magically appear on your doorstep. Some of the large or oddly shaped kits I have to buy boxes for and padded/stiff envelopes for decals but if the buyer buys enough stuff in one go I eat the cost of packaging.

Typically if the kit is under 2 pounds I weigh it, weight the box and add 4 ounces for dunnage if there's alot of airspace. Pop onto

and you get a shipping charge as long as you a zipcode or country. Sometimes it's a little off but it's close enough.

Reply to
Ron Smith

$12.75 is the lowest Express flat rate but I'd only put paper in that envelope.....I jusr overnighted some documents to someone. Of course if somebody wants Fedex next day air and wants to pay for I'll do it but.........

Reply to
Ron Smith

Then I'd have to charge for boxes since I don't keep more than one or two empties around and that would make first class for packages just as expensive as Priority. Decals alone via Priority is insane, most sheets i sell are under $10/sheet, usually $4-7.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Sorry, that's what I meant. I used the wrong term. Now I must make myself go stand in the corner. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Considering how much attention my instructions get I can't imagine anyone reads them. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Just Parcel Post mailed a kit, 7 to 15 day delivery (1 lb. 7.2 oz) from California to Maryland. Cost $4.73.

Reply to
Tom