1/3 scale cub

Hi all,
Well, it looks like I'm the proud new owner of an older 1/3 scale cub. The previous owner didn't know the make, so I posted a few pictures to see if anyone
might recognize it. The plane is huge - the wingspan measures 142" with a cord of approx 21". The length is approx 88" from spinner nut to tail. We are guessing it's probably a Balsa USA or a Trillium Balsa. Nor am I sure of the make of engine.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/aharriman222251/Third-scale-cub
It needs some TLC, and has it's been in storage for a couple years. Any info or specs on make, CG, control throws, flying characteristics would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have been flying for about 10 years and have flown many different types of planes, including smaller cubs, but never a giant scale plane like this.
Thanks again, Alan Harriman

Just to update my own post. One person emailed and said it's not a Balsa USA cub. (Thanks Jon) Jon also mentioned the engine appears to be a Sachs. The markings on the engine are "44", "W2", and "44 7N 18". Also, this is not the original engine.
I'm now pretty convinced the plane is built from a set of Bob Nelitz plans, which as I understand, was one of the first 1/3 scale cub designs. Just so happens, a set of the same plans is currently being auctioned on eBay. From the photos, the construction appears the same.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item137249519&category 164&rd=1
Again, any info or comments on this plane (or engine) is greatly appreciated.
Alan Harriman

Boy...
That Cub would look great with a set of 8" (24" scale) NC-numbers on the wings...<G>
Bill http://www.customcutgrafix.com /
wrote:

anyone
USA
The
the
plans,
From the

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item137249519&category 164&rd=1
appreciated.
the
info or

greatly
many
scale plane

That sure is a purty Cub you have there! I hope you have a cowl for the front! I think some N numbers on the wing would spruce it nicely! AND a 1/3 scale pilot. Only one thing purtier, a big 1/3 scale Fly Baby Biplane!
Bob Severance - AMA 7989 LM, CD

anyone
cord
the
info or

many
plane

I do have the cowl, and I'll have to work on getting a scale pilot and numbers. One of our club members has a 1/3 scale Fly Baby Biplane. (Balsa USA as I recall) Great looking plane. One problem, he says he gets so nervous, he can barely control the transmitter every time he tries to fly it <g> With any other plane, he's an excellent flyer.
Alan Harriman
Take a look at this full size cub, does it get any better?
http://www.popularaviation.com/PhotoGallery/1383.jpg