1/4 Scale J-3 Cub

could i get feedback on the pluses/minuses of the Sig and Balsa USA kits ...

I'm trying to decide on which kit to purchase - the plane will ultimately be a float-plane

thanks in advance

roger

Reply to
Roger Shirko

Roger, I built the SIG Clipped Wing Cub here

A builders kit for sure and I believe the Balsa USA kits are the same (mountain of wood) The SIG kits fly very nice and I also built the floats for it for a buddy, though I moved before I had a chance to fly her. I understand the combo is a nice stable flyer. rick markel

Reply to
Aileron37

I fly the same thing that Rick had. Clipped Sig with a Saito 1.20. Great flying airplane. Lean it over and do one wheel touch and goes, etc. I have no experience with the BUSA.

Reply to
Flyinglindy

I have built the Balsa USA 1/4 scale cub. Powered by an OS 120 Surpass III with the pump. A bit of a build, but it came out fairly light at 14 pounds. Flies beautifully with the 120 swinging a 18 x 6 prop, very realistic, a real pussycat!

RCFlyr sedm that!! d:^)

Reply to
RCFlyr

RCFler, Is your prop an 18 X 6 or is it a 16 X 8? I think I have a 16 inch on my 1.20 Saito..Maybe I should try a different prop if that is the case. Mine flys great with whatever is on it but now I'm curious as to what I have on mine, I forget but will look. I have a pic of the clip wing on one of my pages.

Flyinglindy

It was an 18 x 6, Flew the plane very realistically. Very quiet. If you are into aerobatics with the Cub a different prop may work better.

RCFlyr d:^)

Reply to
RCFlyr