Sounds like a hydraulic steering servo motor. Can't remember the generic name offhand - something like orbital. *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
***
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca
The motor is almost certainly an orbiting gerotor type motor. Common as dirt on mobile equipment. The low speed, high torque output is inherent in the design, which resembles that of a cycloidal reducer.
I built a large test stand and automation for building a few flavors of the motors 15-20 years ago.
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons