Custom gear for 1/4 scale Sig Spacewalker II

Howdy, Anybody know of a manufacturer of custom gear for a 1/4 scale Sig Spacewalker II? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

Try TNT

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Been there... no deal. Thanks anyway. Tom

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

how about Robart?

Reply to
Ted

Depends on just how 'Custom' you want......

A Spacewalker is very similar to a Cub as far as gear is concerned. I have a

1/3 scale Spacewalker that I am going to build and have given the thought of using some gear like that. Robart does make a neat setup for a Cub
. I know there are others...

If you want 'CUSTOM' as in one-off gear, you may be on your own......

Reply to
Bob Severance

Nope..... been there too. Thanks Tom.

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

I'm speculating that a Cub gear setup may work with some modifications. As you state they are very similar. I'll have to get some good documentation, measurments, and drawings then figure it out. Thanks,

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

I'd be very interested in hearing what you two come up with regarding a scale landing gear setup.

I have a GP Spacewalker that I developed a very scale Continental engine kit for. As you know the GP kit is not too close to scale and the landing gear is a major offender. BTW I'm considering making the engine kit available in

1/4 and 1/3 scale and the Spacewalker will be the photoship if I do market it. (I also have a 1/3 scale Balsa USA Der Jaeger and a 1/3 scale Sig waiting for realistic engines - too many kits, so little time!)

Tony

Reply to
Tony & Margaret Howard

Hi Tony, The scale engine sounds neat. I would be interested if you do market it. As it is now I'm not using the Sig cowl, I've purchased a one piece unit from fireplaces specialties and was planning to mount the Sig engine from the inside of the cowl instead of gluing it to the outside as Sig recommends. As for the gear. I've checked and called Robart. Their Cub gear both 1/5th and 1/4 scale will handle the Spacewalkers weight but the 1/5th is a bit too small and the 1/4 is a bit too big. Sheeessh! I've also got Maxey Hester working on some scale gear drawings of the full size aircraft, for comparison to J3 Cub gear. And...... I've called and spoke with Darrell at Sierra Giant Scale <

. I've photocopied the landing gear and mounting areas from the plans and will be scanning them in the very near future to Email to Darrell. He seemed quite interested in helping out and feels that he might be able to come up with something. The saga continues........ Cheers, and happy New Year to all,

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

FWIW there are a few photos of the Balsa USA 1/3 scale Cub gear on my site.

All 3/8" steel tube with a few brass tube bits here and there. There are a couple of changes that could be made to the design to make fabrication easier.

Shouldn't be _too_ difficult to adapt to the Spacewalker. 'course I've never _seen_ a Spacewalker up close.

Not a problem to take any other photos you might need, should you decide to DIY. Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan