Advice on Aftermarket Fiber Glass Cowls & Pantsr

Hi Gang, Looking for opinions on aftermarket fiberglass cowls and wheel pants. I would like to get rid of the ABS stuff and retrofit my Sig Spacewalker II. Any favorite suppliers? Quality? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

fiberglass specialties and stan's fibertech.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Fiberglass Specialties supply cowls and pants to a fair number of kit manufacturers.

I nabbed a couple of spare cowls for my no-longer-in-production Ace

33% Extra 230. Can't tell the difference between the Ace version and the Fiberglass Specialties version.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

And with good reason... Steve Durecki makes the best in the biz..........

Cheers,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Reply to
Mike Norton

Only a comment on a personal experience with this company...

Earlier this year, I was building a 38.5% Extra and was looking for wheel pants. I gave Fiberglass Specialties a call and they had the set I was looking for in stock. Unfortunately, it was 2 weeks prior to the Toledo show and he had all his stock packed for the trip and didn't think it was worth the effort to find them. I asked him if he could write himself a note to hold them back and mail them after the show. He wouldn't do that because "it wouldn't be available for his customers". You can probably just about imagine what was going through my mind after he said that. He did say that if they didn't sell at the show, he'd mail it then. If they did, I'd have to wait until they went back into production. I asked what his best estimate on that would be and he didn't know.

There's is a good end to this. I have a good friend that attends the show every year and he picked them up for me at the discounted show price and with shipping, I came out ahead.

Would I deal with them again? Probably not unless I was in dire need. I think that they need more competition (and this came from the owner himself). I'll make my own next time. They were heavy and took quite a bit of filler to make them presentable. Strike 3....

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Fiberglass Specialties

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Aeroglas

Reply to
Brian Jolicoeur

=46iberglass Specialties had the cowl I was looking for. (4*60). But had to wait on the next production run. Three weeks!

Keep it clean!

Reply to
ccljpotts49