Attn: Dr.1 !

I noticed in my post requesting info on pushrods, you referenced your "Dr.

1" For my next 1/4 project I am looking for a Triplane. I do NOT want an ARF. I love to build. The only one I have found is the 'Balsa USA" Any suggestions? Which one do you have ??

Denis Winters <

knucklebutt

Good for you! The only ARF Dr.1 I would consider is the Arizona Moldel Aircrafters model. My two Fokkers have both been Flair kits. I'm not sure who distributes them but LHSs don't seem to have any trouble ordering them. It's an English kit, so you could probably order direct from the manufacturer if you need to. Good luck finding one, and let me know what happens.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with the Balsa USA kit, it's a good one. Both the Balsa USA and Flair kits need some modifications to get to a true scale profile. If you want, I'll be glad to email you and tell you what I did.

Keep in touch. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I have a 1:3 drawing. Nice build.

Rie Janssen

knucklebutt wrote:

Reply to
Rie Janssen

Proctor

has the VK kit of the DR-1. Slightly smaller at 47" w/s; up to .70 power. I'm sure DR will agree even at

70", there's lots of drag!
Reply to
Lyman Slack

Yup! with that giant flat-front cowl, three wings + a subwing, interplane and cabane struts, large wheels, and landing gear struts, when you cut the throttle in the air, the darn thing stops - NOW!

I've always said, "If it looks way the hell too fast coming over the threshold, it's about right." It's a little scarey how quickly it slows down at lower throttle settings. You gotta stay ahead of it, 'cause it doesn't accelerate too quickly, either. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver