Looking for a slow flyer

I have a Super Tiger .45 that I want to use with a relatively slow flying plane. I have about a year's experience of flying, but I'm just into speed. I like leisurely flying. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Don Wheeler

Hi Don,

My favorite slow-flying fun plane is a World Models Super Frontier Senior. It's BIG, easy to fly, relaxing and fun. I've mounted a small 35mm camera on it at times. It will easily carry any kind of reasonable load you want. I fly it with DuBro Sno-Bird skis in place of the wheels in the winter.

Another favorite is the popular Cub. They can fly slow and easy but are also capable of traditional aerobatics. My 72" Cub also happens to be a World Models ARF. I never was too enthused about Cubs. I got a great deal on the Cub ARF so I bought it. I soon found out why the Cub is so popular. I'll never be without a Cub model.

My next slow-flying plane will be a Bud Nosen 1/4-scale Citabria. It's my winter project.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, but that never stopped me from commenting before.

There is always the Senior Kadet , if you want to go slow. A largish biplane for a .45 would also do the trick, but none come to mind (your problem too, I suppose).

Come to think of it, Lanier/Goldberg is selling a reissue of the Senior Falcon of many years ago. It is an ARF and is priced under $200, IIRC. That should be enough to load down your Tigre so that it is not a speed demon.

How about a big Cub? Lots of ARFS out there and some of them have really large wingspans. That should be relaxed flying.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Reply to
strathboy

How bout Slow Poke. It will fly nice and slow when ya want and still has the control surfaces to do barstorming type aerobatics if you feel inclined to band the sticks a little. 129 bucks from Great planes. Easy to assemble arf.

Reply to
Jeff Martin

boy, I have to learn to type better and proof-read all the time

Reply to
Jeff Martin

Sig Kadet Senior. Nice slow-flying plane. Sig 4*40. More aerobatic but still a slower flying plane.

John VB

Reply to
JJVB

Don't sorry abotu it , Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Pettry amzanig huh?

Ken Dya

Reply to
Ken Day

I'll be damned. I read that at almost the same rate as properly spelled words.

Reply to
Jeff Martin

Amazing, isn't it? I got half way through it before I started to notice the misspelled words. =:-0

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott