Gas engine ID needed

Hi all,
I recently acquired an older 1/3 scale (Bob Nelitz) plans built Cub and could
use some help trying to ID the engine. The engine appears fully intact (other
than a good cleaning) I'm mainly interested in any available specs, manuals,
etc.
I have posted some photos here:

Weight = approx 4lbs minus the muffler
Length = 5.25" (front to rear)
Height = 6" (not including plug)
Width = 5" (includes carb)
Markings on cylinder "44 ZN 18"
It has a 6 bolt prop mount as shown in the photos, and has a 23 x 10 wood prop.
To me, it looks similar to the J&A Engineering line of gas engines. See

Thanks for any help,
Alan Harriman
Reply to
Alan Harriman
It looks like it might be a Air Hobbies 3.2 (sachs cylinder & piston). Not absolutely positive though.
Reply to
jeboba
Nah, he paints his RED. Looks like an old Brisson with the sliding ring for spark advance. I don't recall if J&A did that or not.
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High
Thanks for the replies. It looks like 3.2 may be right. I was able to measure the bore and stroke via the exhaust port and spark plug openings.
Diam = 1.75" Stroke = 1.375
Or approx 3.3 C.I. displacement? (or approx 52cc) Anyway, should be enough info to compare to similar engines for specs, etc.
Alan Harriman
Reply to
Alan Harriman