Servo question

Hi Folks, I'm almost done building a Kyosho Flip 3D. I installed the promo digital servos that came with my JR 8103 Radio, DS811's. For some reason they flutter like they can't find the center. All it takes is letting go of the stick on one of the controls and they all start to flutter continuously. Is this common with digital servos on large control surfaces? Is there a way to adjust this or should I buy a set of higher torque servos for this model? I can always use the digitals in another model like the World models mustang I haven't put together yet. Thanks for any info.

Mark C.

Reply to
Mark C.

see if they do that after the battery charge is lower. I've seen some JR

8411's that do that a lot, especially when on a freshly charged battery. Although, moving the surface in question always makes them stop doing it even then. I do think it is an inherent trait for the JR digitals tho for whatever reason.

Brad L.

continuously.

Reply to
Brad Lorance

Would this affect flight, though? It wouldn't be convenient to have to wait for the battery to partially discharge every time I go flying.

Mark C.

Reply to
Mark C.

Questions:

  1. How far out is it from the servo center to the hole you are using for the control surface?
  2. How far from the control surface to the hole you are using on the horn? I have seen flutter occure because there is too little leverage between the servo and the controlled surface. Try to keep a 1:1 ratio between the two distances. (1" out at the servo, 1" out from the control surface) Bob S.

continuously.

Reply to
Bob Severance

Hi Bob, It's actually 1:1 or better (more leverage). The control surfaces are wide, though so there's a bit of weight to pull/push but I don't think it's too much.

Mark C.

Reply to
Mark C.

if this is in fact what it is, it doesn't stop my buds from flying. The surfaces don't flutter around when the stick is off neutral anyways, at least on these. It may not be this at all, but maybe it is worth a try. Put a partially discharged pack on there and see what happens.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance

i had the same prob.. It was however a transmitter problem.. the "pots" where bad.. open your transmitter and have a quick look.. .

continuously.

Reply to
Ben

I bought a 6V battery pack to replace the 4.8V. It seems much better now.

Mark C.

Reply to
Mark C.

ok..