Servo adjustment question

Hi,

I'm attaching my servos to the control surfaces on my glider. There is a servo in front of each aileron and a single servo connected to both elevators on the vtail.

The directions for this plane (OK Models, Caloway) are very sparse. For servo adjustments, they specify "Up" with "High" and "Low" values in millimeters, and "Down" with "High" and "Low" values. Could someone please explain what the high and low values mean?

Regards,

MB

Reply to
MonkeyBoy

Sounds like the manufacturer is giving a range of movement that is acceptable, like the "Up" movement can have a maximum ("High") movement or a minimum movement ("Low") value.

If so it would be something like Right Aileron Up High 7mm Low 5mm This is the same as 6mm plus or minus 1mm

Some aircraft and servos will give different amounts of movement, but as long as the movement is within specification, it should be OK. This allows for variation in the way the model is made and the way it is put together. Some of this is their manufacturing variation, and some of it is due to different people putting the kit together.

Hope this helps, Peter

Reply to
Bushy

The values are control surface movement from neutral as measured at the trailing edge of the surface. The HI and LOW are one of two things. Either a range (minimum to maximum) in which total travel should fall. Or the suggested settings for dual rates on that control. If you don't have dual rates, then set the initial throw somewhere in the middle of the two and work from there.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

The high rates will have more aileron travel in mm than low rates and vice versa. The high rate is usually the maximum amount of control surface recommended for the model with the low rate being the least amount of travel recommended. If you have a computer radio you can program both rates in and flip a switch to change em when you wish. If you do not, I would set the throws to the low rate and work up from there as you gain experience with the plane. The rates can be adjusted manually by moving the pushrods on the servo horn and control surface horn. Out on the servo horns and in on the control surface horns will increase the amount of travel (high rate). In on the servohorns and out on the control surface horns will decrease the amount of travel (low rate).

Reply to
Fubar

Thanks! So High/Low refer to maximum and minimum travel range respectively. I have a computer radio, so I guess I can program in these two ranges.

Regards,

MB

Reply to
MonkeyBoy