Ailerons, single, dual servo dilemma.

I am currently building an airplane patterned after the small airplane that I designed, powered with an AXI 2212/34 electric motor. Flew so well that I built a duplicate. Between the two planes, there were 75+ flights. The ailerons on those 15 to 16 oz. palnes have a single servo in the middle of the wing which worked well.

My dilemma is, I want the simplicity, no Y connectors, quick and easy installation of a single servo versus that of a dual servo.

The servo on the larger plane has to move tapered ailerons with an average chord of 1 1/2 " The plane will have a 48" wing span and hopefully weigh under 3 1/2 pounds (56 oz.) It will be powered with an AXI 2820/10 motor. Batteries will be 3S3P Li Poly, 1500 to 2100 mAh,

11.1 V.

I hope I provided enough info for you to reach some kind of consensus before I get to the aileron servos.

Any commentary will be appreciated, Wan

Reply to
Wan

A good standard servo will have little trouble moving both sides.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I think at this size it comes down to personal preference. As mentioned, a standard servo will handle it just fine. But with today's small radio gear, I've been tempted to build a scale model of a model! Complete with dual servos, servos in tail, etc. Just like the bigger guy! It'd be a novelty to be sure and again, personal preference!

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

You should be fine with one. Mike

Reply to
Michael Renzi

OK, Mike and others. Four persons (three on line and another in direct response besides Mike) said a single servo would be good enough for a small plane that I'm building. So one servo is what I will use.

Thanks. Wan

Reply to
Wan