Dual speed motor wiring

I am rewiring a Mec Brown 415v dual speed cold saw, replacing the speed change switch, and the Pedrazolli wiring diagram that came with the new switch doesn't work !!! One speed works ok, the other growls slowly backwards.

I have previously proved the motor ok by hard wiring both speeds and plugging in but I can no longer find the web site where I found the wiring data. Help !!

The motor has 6 terminals :

"Z - X - Y" on the top row "U - V - W" on the lower row

I know that for one speed, three terminals are wired together and the three phase applied to the other three terminal but cannot remember the other speed's wiring .... help please !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Hi, If it is a Dahlander-switched motor, google for "Dahlander", plenty of diagrams to be found. Dirk "Andrew Mawson" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Reply to
PG1D/PA-11Ø12

I answered this just two or three weeks ago on this group.If you look back through the posts you will find it.The other speed is wired so the phases go to the wires you have joined together and the other three are left open.

Reply to
mark

growls

remember

Thanks for the suggestions folks, having found:

it gave me the confidence to experiment, and lo and behold the Pedrazzi wiring diagram has interposed XYZ and UVW - swapping them round and all is well.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson