Servo Motor question?

The recent questions on CNC have me wondering about servo motors, What type are normally used DC brushed motors or AC motors, just wondering as I have 3 AC style and wonder if someone has a use for them before I see how good they are as wind turbine motors?

These have permanent magnets in them so spinning the motor is producing 3 phase out put at lower voltage

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Normally DC brushed as there are quite a few drivers for these. the AC and brushless type aren't catered for at hobby level yet.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Do you have a use for a AC ones John FOC?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian