Ailerons

Ok next question.

My trainer had only one central aileron servo, but this cub I'm building has two, one for each side. Do I use some sort of Y cable, or two channels of the receiver?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Tetrault

If your transmitter has the mixing function, you can use the aileron and flap slots on your receiver. It's a lot easier though to just go with a y harness...especially with a cub.

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

You can do either. The simplest is a Y harness. A buffered one will help eliminate glitches and unwanted interaction on long leads.

If your transmitter has dual aileron mixing functions, you can also use two separate channels to do this (usually channels 1 and 6). Check your manual for how to do this.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Hi Mark, I always use the mixing functions of the radio and use 2 channels. That way, you can adjust the subtrim position of each servo without interaction with the other one *and* program differential throw of each servo (if needed) individually. Plus, if you want to play about with flaps/crow, you can do that too :-)

MrBonk

MrBonk

Well I have a Futaba 6YG-FM but there is no provision for flaperons. There is 6 channels, flaps and gear switches/knobs, but if I plug one aileron into channel 1 and one in channel 6, the #6 either works as a flap or nothing....., #5 only works with the gear up/dn switch.

While I can use my 8UAFS Futaba computer radio, I would like to use the

6YG too. Looks like it is a Y connector for this plane..

Mark

Reply to
Mark Tetrault