Amplified "Y" harness for servos??

My new Kool Kanary bipe will have 1 servo for each of the ailerons.
I am using a Futaba RD138 (PCM) receiver and Hitec HS-5475HB digital servos.
As I am setting up my Futaba 8UAF for flaperons, I need to put 2 servos on
each of channels 1 and 6. When I attempt to use a "Y" harness, one servo
works fine while the second moves erratically. I have heard from other
sources that this can occur with this combination of RX and servos.
Will an amplified "Y" harness help, or will I need to go to some kind of
onboard power panel?
Could anyone recommend a good brand of amplified "Y" harness??
Thank you,
Mark D. Fain
Reply to
Mark D. Fain
I had a GWS RX do strange things on a setup like you say and ended up doing it different somehow. Many planes ago...........
Did you build an old kit? How did you get a new Kanary Bipe? mk
Reply to
MK
My Kanary is scratch built. Back in the 1980's M.A.N. published the "Kool Kanary", which was a Top Flight Hot Kanary enlarged about 80% with a Q38 gasser.
I reworked the original plans to bring the construction more in line with modern standards ( the original had a rather strange and labor intensive fuselage design.)
It is 55" WS, 1450 sq. in and powered with a ZDZ 60, which is why I need separate servos.
If you like I can send you a photo of what I have so far.
Mark D. Fain
Reply to
Mark D. Fain
You might consider a second RX to split the load and work around th
problem. Such as... the second RX being in the upper wing. It woul also reduce the length of extensions needed.
Not the cheapest solution... but it should cure it
-- fhhuber50677 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fhhuber506771's Profile:
this thread:
fhhuber506771
Yeah, and he did say PCM. Does size matter? Battery size? Mark, what volt/mah battery you using? mk
Reply to
MK
Mark First, I would verify that the Y harness itself is ok. The last time I bought one it was bad and I had to exchange it for another. Ed
Mark D. Fa>My new Kool Kanary bipe will have 1 servo for each of the ailerons. >
Reply to
Ed Smega

Site Timeline