Modifying 'Y' lead for UBEC

Anyone got any idea how to remove the outer sleeve from the double ends of a 'Y' lead (I think they are the male end - the end with the 3 pins - there's

2 on a 'y' lead). I'm looking to then slide the + pin out so that I don't have to permanently damage it by cutting the lead.

Cheers. Gerrit.

Reply to
Gerrit

Not sure of "UBBC" but suggest you approach the problem from the other direction. Lift tab on the male plug (ex servo or extension lead) and tape it back before sliding the male plug into your "Y" lead = same result and much easier. Alternatively, lift tab and slide lead back out of male plug on "Y" lead before inserting into RX or whatever. If you must remove the pin from each female socket on the "Y" lead slide a thin blade in behind the cover to raise the cover and release the locking tabs inside and any glue if applied on some older units. You will then be able to raise the locking tab and slide the pin out.

see also under: "Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." sub section "Servo & Extension Lead pinouts and wiring." Forgues Research - replacing RC system leads with Fibre Optic Misc RC leads etc - Ken Hewitt Servos - Wiring Diagrams = use with other brand RX.

TX 2 TX *** Buddy Box System Operation - RCFU Interface Adapters & Connectors - inc new Futaba Hitec USB Flight Sim Interface (for Hitec Futaba JR & Zebra TX) + FMS ***

regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

If you use the tip of a #11 blade, you can lift the tab locking the wire in the plug. Pull the pin/wire out and fold back then tape to the other wires. The pin is disconnected, but can be reconnected easily if you need/want it.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli