Dos & Don't of LiPo batteries

The RC hobby seems to be favoring 'Electric-Flying'.
Can anyone tell me where I can find the 'Dos and Don't' of LiIon & LiPo
batteries.
I'm a 'restored' RC flyer from the 70s and I'm not sure if I want to get
into something as dangerous as LiPo.
Earl AMA #40329
Reply to
Earl Scherzinger
no more dangerous than cyno , methanol , scalpel blades , drills , props , flying into your self , the list could go on for ever , the dos use the correct charger use the correct settings on the charger monitor the battery whilst charging the don'ts don't use an incorrect charger and if it looks damaged don't use it
there are possibly loads more but treat them with respect and they dont bite honest
Reply to
Mr Fixit
Lipos are BASICALLY safe AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW SOME PRECAUTIONS. Red Schofield's RC Battery Clinic
can provide a wealth of information on lipos and nimh/nicad batteries.
Reply to
Ted Campanelli
Here.
Look at the top three threads first.
Welcome back, and may I say that I am/was the same. Not flown between 1967 and 1998..found electrics and never looked back. .
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Earl-
It's the most current and informative site I have found. Start with the first 3 'sticky' threads.
Abel
Reply to
Abel Pranger
Ted,
It took a few days but I finally downloaded and read, Red Schofield's 'Complete Guide to Lithium Polymer Batteries'. I also kept it in my RC folder for future reference.
Yes, the article was very informative and helpful.
Thanks to Ted and Red! ____________________________________________ Earl AMA 40329
Reply to
Earl Scherzinger
Go to
Click on Lithium Polymer Batteries then click on any battery then click on View The Instructions. It will download an adobe acrobat file. Good info.
Reply to
Jim Slaughter

Site Timeline