Dos & Don't of LiPo batteries

The RC hobby seems to be favoring 'Electric-Flying'.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the 'Dos and Don't' of LiIon & LiPo batteries.

I'm a 'restored' RC flyer from the 70s and I'm not sure if I want to get into something as dangerous as LiPo. ____________________________________________ Earl AMA #40329

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

no more dangerous than cyno , methanol , scalpel blades , drills , props , flying into your self , the list could go on for ever , the dos use the correct charger use the correct settings on the charger monitor the battery whilst charging the don'ts don't use an incorrect charger and if it looks damaged don't use it

there are possibly loads more but treat them with respect and they dont bite honest

Reply to
Mr Fixit

Lipos are BASICALLY safe AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW SOME PRECAUTIONS. Red Schofield's RC Battery Clinic

can provide a wealth of information on lipos and nimh/nicad batteries.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Here.

Look at the top three threads first.

Welcome back, and may I say that I am/was the same. Not flown between

1967 and 1998..found electrics and never looked back. .
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Earl-

It's the most current and informative site I have found. Start with the first 3 'sticky' threads.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Ted,

It took a few days but I finally downloaded and read, Red Schofield's 'Complete Guide to Lithium Polymer Batteries'. I also kept it in my RC folder for future reference.

Yes, the article was very informative and helpful.

Thanks to Ted and Red! ____________________________________________ Earl AMA 40329

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

Go to

Click on Lithium Polymer Batteries then click on any battery then click on View The Instructions. It will download an adobe acrobat file. Good info.

Reply to
Jim Slaughter