Color code of the 27MHz channels

Does anyone know the color codes for the SIX 27MHz frequencies? OR, could you direct me to a web-site where I can find them?
The only one I remember is 26.995 (brown). That was my frequency in 1970.
Thanks for your help. ____________________________________________ Earl Scherzinger
They are posted in the AMA membership manual: http://www.modelaircraft.org/PDF-files/memanual05.pdf page 18
27 MHz CHANNEL number frequencies: 26.995 - BROWN 27.045 - RED 27.095 - ORANGE 27.145 - YELLOW 27.195 - GREEN 27.255 - BLUE
--
Red Scholefield
AMA 951 Dist. V
Red Scholefield wrote:

Ah. Wondered where 27.255 had gone.
Total band of 260Khz...and 50Khz spacing except for he top, which was 60Khz.
It's been a few years since I was active in the AMA.
I should have know the colors would be found in the member's manual.
Thanks Red Scholefield AMA #951 ____________________________________________ Earl Scherzinger AMA #40329

26.975 Black 26.995Brown 27.020Brown/Red 27.045Red 27.070Red/Orange 27.095Orange 27.120Orange/Yellow 27.145Yellow 27.170Yellow/Green 27.195Green 27.220Green/Blue 27.245Blue 27.270Blue/Grey
Mr Fixit wrote:

what happened to 27.255? Sure I had that one as well.
Where did the mixed colors come from? I didn't know they existed.
____________________________________________ Earl Scherzinger AMA #40329

they did in the UK I assumed it was world wide?

Earl Scherzinger wrote:

Sadly that was mine also :D
I am the one that introduced the color coding to MAAC it was refused,So I proposed it to AMA, they accepted it and 2 yrs late MAAC had ro do the same. SO,27.995 Brown,,.045=red, .095 orange, .145=ellow, /195=reen, .255=blue.

Most of you young whippersnappers are not aware that the first r/c frequency (besides 465 mhz..) was 27.255 mhz...it was the only one for a while until we got the other ones from 26.995 to 27.195...and FYI 27.255 is still a viable and legal channel...assuming you want to share it with the CB people as it is a shared channel...being channel 23 in the CB world. I fly on 27.095 and 27.145 and NEVER get glitched...it is like the six meter band..you have it all to yourself.... Am using HPI 4 channel superhets AM (25 bucks on ebay) along with Futaba AM modules which work in the later model transmitters... I think I posted a thread on this site some time back..... Frank Schwartz AMA123 80 years young..building and flying for 70 years...and first flew r/c in 1948 (got it up and got it back!!!)
Baaaarake channel! CBs? Do they still have those? I thought the noise levels got so bad they became unusable for anything but, yeah Im gonna say it, convoys.
The Gatorhater KAWX2036 I'm 10/10 and 10/8 on the side.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:44:49 -0600, Frank Schwartz

Frank, I still have some .095 equipment and would not hesitate to fly park fliers or even larger, powered sport planes on "orange."
I am using two of them in little things that I can just toss in the air, as well as some sailboats and a powered launch (boat).
I guess my all-time, favorite .095 system was a World Engines' Mule. This was single-channel, digital, proportional. The servo was built on the receiver board in the "lil' brick" configuration.
The last time I saw this arrangement was in a $19 r/c toy I got from Radio Shack. When I was teaching, I was getting tired of running a long cable from lecture to slide projector, so I got the $19 thing, left the little xmitter alone, and removed the "brick" from the toy, mounted that in a little "Bud" box.
The arms of the servo pushed on a couple of microswitches and that made the proper contacts on a 3' lead to the slide projector. I used this arrangement for about twelve courses so far and that would be for near 12,000 slide operations -- not one failure! All I have done is put a new 9 volt battery in the xmitter each year, and recharge the alkalines before each course. (My other choice was to buy a "professional" version for near-$100.)
Someday, I might write a piece about all the things I have done with my r/c systems during my ended-career. I even used one of mine in a very dangerous radiation environment. Sticking the servos to test panels with sticky foam and then using my xmitter to push buttons on the panel was a whole lot cheaper than running all the cables and adding parallel wires and connectors to the test panels.
Another time, I modified a radiosonde so it could be tethered at altitude, and I used my r/c rig to switch between the humidity and temperature sensors. (Normally, these would not switch without the radiosonde ascending.)
Guys, keep your r/c gear in mind on the job. You can occasionally save the company a little money and this can be remembered during your annual performance review. <g>
Ken, old modeler with old, (orange) equipment.

My first four channel proportional outfit was a Micro Avionics XL-IC on 27.195 MHz. It used a green flag.
Ed Cregger, NM2K
Showin' my age here, but i wonder how many RC fliers remember (or even recognize) the pioneering efforts of the twin brothers Walt and Bill Good, who were virtually the "Wright brothers" of RC aviation as we know it.. beginning in the mid-1930s, when any RC endeavor required an FCC license. Then beginning about 1963, Walt Good became the driving force prodding the FCC to allocate the license-free 72Mhz band (plus the 75Mhz car and boat band) we now enjoy and take for granted. Certainly the story of "the brothers Good" should be far more widely known in all RC circles. Bill(oc)
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:07:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bill Sheppard) wrote:

Yes, but try teaching history to young people. I have. I quit. Too many of them believe that if it didn't happen in their lifetime (and recently) how could it have any effect on them. And if it doesn't affect them, how important could it be? (This is a result of being of the "Me Generation.")
Please don't start naming individual exceptions because they will be just that -- "exceptions," meaning "contrary to accepted or demonstrated norms." I have the National test scores over the years.) <g>
Ken
Ken Cashion,
This is sooooo true! The 'new' younger generation 'think' they know everything, or if it doesn't pertain to them, it's just an 'exception. If they don't STOP and pay attention to history, it has a habit of repeating itself. This is just one reason why we still have wars between nations. Listen to your elders! You may learn something that makes life a bit easier, and less expensive.
Bill Sheppard,
I remember reading about Walt & Bill Good. My first RC outfit was a 'World Engines' (Cincinnati Oh) single channel, rudder. (Being from Cincinnati, I visited World Engines several times.) Then I advanced to a 'Galloping Ghost' add-on to my single stick. Next came a 'Galloping Ghost' rudder/elevator. Third was a Phil Kraft 4-channel proportional and finally a Micro Avionics 6-channel (single-stick, cradled in your left arm) proportional. I quit the RC hobby in 1970. I was a supervisor with Philco-Ford at the time. Problems at work and with my wife, both ended in divorce.
I'm retired now and my children are grown, so it's time to start where I left off in 1970. RC-systems have changed a LOT! It's a lot better now! I have two planes ready to go. My next plane (I hope) will be the Military Stearman RT-17, 58-1/2" wingspan. My radio is a Futaba 7CAP FM/PCM
I've read and learned a LOT from this RC group postings.
Happy flying season to everybody! ____________________________________________ Earl Scherzinger, AMA 40329
(Bill Sheppard)

Sure..but it was posted in a link on this site just this week...however it is: 26.995 brown 27.045 red 27.095 orange 27.145 yellow 27.195 green 27.255 Blue (I think) Frank
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:28:15 GMT, "Earl Scherzinger"