Old Pactra Color Chart???

Does anyone have, or know where to find, an Old Pactra color chart? These are the small 1/3 oz. square bottles, and have numbers and names like: IU89 Light Grey IJ21 Grey IV3 Grey IG11 Dark Grey IG12 Light Grey IR46 Light Yellow IP59 Zinc Chromate Primer Green IM66 Africa Yellow

I suppose the second letter is a country designation, like G for Germany, J for Japan, U for US, but I don't know what V, R, P, or M stand for. If there isn't one on the web somewhere, and you have one, could it be scanned?

Reply to
willshak

Yes, those are from the old International Colours series. I should have something on those if you can wait until I dig it out.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

I know I've seen a list somewhere but the only thing I can find is my personal inventory and a sheet possibly printed off the 'net back in '97 or '98 that lists FS numbers and the Pactra equivalent.

I do know that 'E' was for British colours, 'I' for Italian, 'R' was for Russian and 'M' for military models. I haven't a clue what 'V' stood for but the 'P' colours seem to be somewhat general in nature.

I can scan the chart if you're interested as it also includes the Scale Model Flats and the International sprays. The latter probably don't work anymore but one never knows.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

-snip-

IIRC, "V" stood for Vietnam. Least I seem to recall the SEA colors were in the "V" range.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Might be. IV1 was FS 37038 Black, IV3 was 36559 Grey. One other thing I've noticed. The colours were numbered sequentially. IOW, the numbers ran on and the varieties were assigned blocks of numbers. The highest number I see on the chart is 105 which was an IP colour, good ol' 37038 Black again.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

Whatever you can scan up will be appreciated, Bill. According to the advice for thinning paint posted by 'e' back on the

24th, I used lacquer thinner to reamalgamate 62 - .33 oz. bottles of Pactra enamel. I'm going to replace each with Model Master when they run out, or they give unsatisfactory results, so I would like to match the colors.
Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

What a wonderful word: reamalgamate!