British color standards?

I have finally obtained FS595 (both "book" and fan deck), and a RAL K7 Classic fan deck is on order. Meanwhile, I have developed a silly interest in British subjects, and so, instead of concerning myself with (who am I fooling: read *in addition to my obsession with*) various versions of Dark Olive Drab, my mind now boggles over things like Dark Green, NATO Green, Deep Bronze Green, etc.

This subject seems to be rather less documented on the net than olive drab by now.

Right now, a few questions are disturbing my sleep:

Where can I get a fan deck of BS381C at a fair price? The standard seems only to be available from BSI itself, and at a price I'm not prepared to pay: 54 GBP for members (membership costing yet another fortune) and 108 GBP for non-members! All I need is a simple fan deck!

Cold War era RAF camouflage was Dark Green 641 and (Extra?) Dark Sea Grey 638 (640?), over Light Aircraft Grey 627 (or aluminium; or PRU Blue in some cases). But has no 641 Dark Green, instead it has 241 - I suppose that's the same?

Army vehicles - are they 285 NATO Green, and is there a good FS match for it? A Humbrol mixture? (Revell has it as #42, but I seem to be having nothing but endless trouble with Revell enamels for some reason.)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen