Carfloat color

I have a Walther's Car float and need to know what color the deck would have been painted. It is a metal deck if that matters. My inclination is a grey of some kind.

Thanks

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

deck would have

inclination is a grey

The color would have depended on the railroad, what paint was handy when painting was needed, and whether the 'bean counters' were willing to pay for a color that wasn't on hand.

In my younger days I saw floats in the New York Harbor area with decks painted tuscan or boxcar red, grey, and black. There was even one with a dark green deck. There were often spots of spots of red, grey, or green primer scattered around to cover dings between major paint jobs.

Len

Reply to
Len

Thanks, Len. That is what I was looking for.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum