Carfloat color

I have a Walther's Car float and need to know what color the deck would have been painted. It is a metal deck if that matters. My inclination is a grey
of some kind.
Thanks
--

Frank Rosenbaum
Please support the following train meets if you can

deck would have

inclination is a grey

The color would have depended on the railroad, what paint was handy when painting was needed, and whether the 'bean counters' were willing to pay for a color that wasn't on hand.
In my younger days I saw floats in the New York Harbor area with decks painted tuscan or boxcar red, grey, and black. There was even one with a dark green deck. There were often spots of spots of red, grey, or green primer scattered around to cover dings between major paint jobs.
Len

Thanks, Len. That is what I was looking for.