Wirbelwind Interior Color

Hi rms'ers. It's been a while but I finally found that I can access this group in google groups! Hurrah! Anyway, I am building a 1/48 scale Wirbelwind using Tamiya's Pz. IV ausf. J and the Gaso.Line wirbelwind turret. Nice kits, even has interior stuff. BUT: I am unsure of the correct color for the turret interior. Is it possibly red primer? Or interior white? Also: I saw photos of the unit in Ontario, is painted Panzer grey overall. Is that a likely scheme? I would be inclined to use it if it is legit. Where these units built during the period that Panzer grey was being used? Any help would be appreciated. Steve

Reply to
stevebrauning

The interior of the Wirbelwind turret should be the same color as the exterior of the vehicle which is most likely Dunkelgelb (Panzer yellow). If the conversion kit shows part of the lower hull interior you can paint that primer red. The vehicle at Borden is an original Wirbelwind but the gray paint is bogus.

HTH

Glenn Goens -- snipped-for-privacy@fuse.net

Reply to
Glenn Goens