Northrop Nuclear-Powered Flying Wing model kit - 1/144 scale

Just released, a 1/144 scale model of an asymmetrical nuclear powered Northrop flying wing design from 1956:

Scott Lowther

Incredibly cool. I wonder if that was what provided some partial inspiration for Star Wars B-Wing design?

The text states that it was designed with the desire to remain airborne for weeks at at a time. I wonder about the ability of the aircrew to do such.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

if they had the space and diversions aboard a nukey boat, it would have been doable. couldn't see it in a steup like a b52 or b1. sleeping on an air mattress and eating box lunches.....? wish that was 1/72.

Reply to
someone